What is Nutritional Therapy?
Nutritional therapy takes a holistic approach to regaining wellness. The goal is to correct the nutritional deficiencies and imbalances within the body that your current lifestyle has created. These imbalances can lead to disease and dysfunction if left untreated. As a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner (NTP) I use a variety of tools to identify these imbalances:
- In-depth health history interview-discussing past and current health issues, and health goals for the future
- Extensive Nutritional Assessment Questionnaire (NAQ)-an online tool used to identify specific systems issues
- Food journal analysis-focusing on food consumed as well as mood and energy levels after each meal
- Hands-on Functional Evaluation: palpations targeted to specific points on the body to discover nutrient imbalances and specific areas of weaknesses in each system
- Lingual-Neuro Testing (LNT): a tool that uses the body’s innate intelligence to determine which specific nutrients (food and supplements) will bring your body back in balance
My goal is to educate you and guide you toward optimal, nourished health and well-being. Our health is built on specific, crucial foundations. The primary foundation begins with a properly-prepared, nutrient-dense whole foods diet. Almost all disorders and diseases start with a breakdown in one of more of these foundations listed, leading to the degenerative health issues that are currently impacting our society. When we support the foundations, we provide the body with the basic tools needed to reach health. The following foundations are used as a guide to assess each client’s unique imbalances:
- Digestion and Elimination
- Blood Sugar balance
- Mineral Sufficiency and balance
- Fatty Acid balance
As a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner my approach to your health is not just focused on creating a diet plan for you with rules about what you should and should not eat. While there will be dietary changes necessary, my main focus is to educate you to feed your body in the way it needs, teaching you how to listen to your body’s own signals that are communicating its desire to be healthy. You will learn to make healthier lifestyle choices that will positively impact your overall health. I look at other aspects of your life including movement, sleep and stress to create an individualized, tailored plan that will get your body back in balance.
Using all the information gathered, I will determine a diet right for you, focusing on your specific needs and bio-individuality. We will work together to create a personalized plan to address your goals based on your unique needs that specifically fit your lifestyle. My primary goal is to educate you on nutrition and exercise myths, through sound evidence-based research. The information learned will allow you to develop your own in-depth understanding of how your body responds to food, movement, sleep and stress. Together we will work towards improved health, making lasting changes that will contribute to your overall wellness. This foundational, holistic approach is why nutritional therapy works!
Is Nutritional Therapy right for you?
Everyone can benefit from nutritional therapy. Taking control of your health, becoming in-tune with your body and learning about nutrition can be the first step toward an incredible journey to health. Nutritional therapy can teach you how to take back your health and dramatically improve your quality of life.
If you are suffering from a chronic illness, struggling with fat loss, or are presently fed up with your lack of overall health, you have come to the right place! Nutritional therapy can be especially beneficial if any of the following are a current health concern:
- Digestive issues-IBS, bloating, & constipation
- Blood sugar imbalances-hypoglycemia, Type I and Type II diabetes, carbohydrate and sugar cravings
- Energy issues- low energy, energy slumps, chronic fatigue, adrenal dysfunction
- Thyroid conditions-hypo/hyperthyroidism, Hashimoto’s, nodules, cancer
- Hormonal imbalances-PCOS, PMS, endometriosis, menopause complications
- Fertility-conception, pregnancy, postpartum
- Autoimmune conditions-lupus, chron’s disease, celiac disease
- Cardiovascular issues- heart disease, hypertension, high cholesterol
- Healthy, sustainable fat loss
- Mental health issues-depression, anxiety, panic attacks, ADHD, etc.
- Simple nutrition lessons- learn how your body uses food for fuel, and the numerous impacts of an improved your diet
- … and more
What is the next step?
I offer a free 30-minute phone call to new clients who have questions and are skeptical about taking this first step to better health. Contact me to schedule your complimentary call where we can discuss your health concerns and goals, what I do as a Nutritional Therapist and how I can help. If I suspect I cannot help you, I will offer options for practitioners who can!
Let’s use nutrition and your body’s innate ability to find balance to create the most nourished you yet!
Contact me to get started.
Disclaimer: Nutritional therapy does not diagnose or treat medical conditions. I am not a doctor or licensed healthcare provider, and do not provide medical advice. Clients are advised to make health decisions in partnership with their health care provider. If you are pregnant, nursing, have a medical condition or are taking any medication, please consult your physician before making dietary and lifestyle changes.