I have been dreaming up these Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Meatballs for a long time. Who doesn’t love buffalo wings? They are an American favorite. As a kid they were not my favorite, not one bit. I was weird about eating meat off the bone. I would not do it. I refused. My buffalo wing eating adventures always included a fork and knife. It made dinner as a teenager a bit awkward because my mom would take the meat off the bone for me. She would then demolish the bone, all the tendons and jiggly bits until she got to the marrow that she would suck dry. It was a bit embarrassing, I’m not going to lie. Since I wasn’t able to eat meat off of the drumstick, you can imagine her deconstruction of the bone and all its connective tissues gave me the hibbie jippies.
Of course, now I can handle buffalo wings like an adult. Well, mostly like an adult. We all know I am far from adult about anything. So like a 36 year old who rarely acts like an adult. NOT the atomic hot ones. I like things spicy but those make me cry like a baby. A fork and knife are no longer required when I dive into a plate full of wings. Nor do I need my mom to remove the meat for me, although I am sure she would gladly do so if there was some marrow as her reward. A stack of napkins is a definite requirement when I dine on buffalo wings. If you consider a face smeared with buffalo sauce adult like, then yes I am adulting all over the place these days!
I took everything that is good about the buffalo wing dining experience; chicken, buffalo sauce, carrots, celery and blue cheese, and threw it all together to make these mouth-watering, meat morsels. If you have been around the blog for a while you know I have a thing for meatballs. If you have the same kind of obsession for balls of meat you should check out my Meaty Meatball Casserole, my Sopa de Albondigas , my Lamb Meatball on Marinated Portobello, and my Thai Ginger Meatball Soup because they are all just as amazing as this recipe.
Each meal deserves a meatball. Let’s face it, eating buffalo wings can be an exciting experience. It is not just about the food, but the friends, the setting and the event that also matter. Now that you have this recipe in your hands, invite some friends over, play some games, watch some games, drinks some drinks and eat lots of these meatballs!
- 1 pound ground chicken (or turkey)
- ½ cup celery, diced
- ½ cup onion, diced
- ½ cup carrot, peeled and shredded
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup Otto’s Naturals Cassava Flour
- ¼ cup almond meal
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp Tesse Mae's Buffalo Sauce
- 3 oz Blue Cheese, cut into 1 cm "cube"
- BUFFALO SAUCE
- 1 cup Tesse Mae's Buffalo Sauce
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 400
- In food processor combine all meatball ingredients
- Pulse several times until all ingredients are combined
- Using a spoon, scoop desired meatball size, roll into ball shape with hands
- Use finger to poke meatball, place blue cheese inside, roll meatball to close
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet, and repeat
- Bake for 25 minutes
- While meatballs bake, combine sauce and butter in a medium sauce pan
- Let meatballs cool for 5-10 minutes
- Place ⅓ to ½ of the meatballs in the sauce
- Ensure that each one is covered, remove, place on wire rack
- Garnish with additional blue cheese crumbles and parsley
To a nourished life,