I choose to eat foods that are nourishing to my body. While that list isn’t concrete it does follow a general template that some might label “Paleo”. When I started this journey almost 3 years ago I followed a strict set of rules, once I started to feel better those rules loosened up a bit. Although I tend not to stray too far from the path or I will pay for it the next day.
I choose to nourish myself with……..
- meats and eggs from grass-fed, pastured raised, organic sources
- seafood that is wild caught/sustainable
- fats and oils from pastured animals, coconut, avocado and olives.
- organic vegetables all kinds, all the vegetables, all the time! I tend to limit starchy veggies due to the impact on my blood sugars, but I’ve been known to shovel handfuls of spinach in my mouth without even batting an eye.
- nuts and seeds that are always raw and organic.
- fruit also organic, but limited intake again due to the impact on blood sugar
- occasional diary from a grass-fed source
I maintain nourishment by avoiding…….
- grains and legumes
- processed crap foods
- conventional meats and diary
- toxic seed oils
- processed sugars